Belfast – Teck Mag Project
Emerald Lake, ON
- Over 300 sq. km. land package comprising five properties in the Temagami Mining Camp, located northeast of Sudbury, Ontario, namely the Belfast Copper Property, the TeckMag Property, Golden Rose Property and the recently acquired DGC Property and JPC Property.
- Our project is part of an Emerging Sudbury 2.0 trend that is targeting mineralization above the Temagami Geophysical Anomaly, a large magnetic, dense and conductive anomaly that may be related to the Sudbury Igneous Complex, the most prolific mining camp in Canada.
- Situated in a known, productive mining jurisdiction; nearby mines, smelters and exploration projects targeting similar mineralization (Vale’s Copper Cliff Complex, Glencore’s Nickel Rim South Mine and Sudbury Smelter and Inventus Mining’s Sudbury 2.0 Project)”
- The Belfast – Teck Mag Property has exceptional exploration upside for several deposit types including magmatic Copper-Nickel-Platinum Group Elements (Cu-Ni-PGE), Volcanogenic Massive Sulphides
- Preliminary exploration work has identified numerous conductive anomalies at depth adjacent and along the same geological corridor that hosts Teck Resources past-producing Temagami Copperfield’s Mine.
Belfast Copper Project:
- Our flagship project, is a culmination of many years of data gathering, geological interpretation, and field work performed by our exploration team, who have identified several potential target areas for various styles of potentially economic mineralization, including magmatic Ni-Cu-PGE, IOCG, VMS, Iron hosted Au and Paleo-Placer Au.
- Preparation for a 10,000m drill program on the Belfast – TeckMag Property is underway and will test numerous geophysical anomalies derived from a combination of Airborne EM/Magnetics and Ground Gravity Surveys. Field personnel are currently working on logistics to establish access to over thirty drill pads for the expanded Phase 1 drill program.
- Phase 1 drilling will test geophysical targets on strike and in the same geological corridor which hosted Teck Resources’ high-grade Copperfields Mine at Temagami. This first phase of drilling is expected to be completed by Q3 2021.
- An aggressive Phase 2 diamond drilling program is scheduled to begin upon the discovery of any potential economic mineralization during the Phase 1 drill program and fully executed by Q4 2021, which includes the interpretation of drill results.
Recently Consolidated Land Packages
- In March 2021, Conquest acquired a 100% interest in the DGC Ni-Cu-PGE property located in the Afton Township of Ontario on our Belfast – TeckMag Property.
- The DGC property is located in the central portion of our claim group covering the central portion of the Temagami Magnetic Anomaly, which is adjacent to the Sudbury Igneous Complex, one of the largest positive magnetic anomalies in North America.
- Prior to the acquisition of Canadian Continental Exploration Corp. (CCEC) by Conquest Resources Ltd, CCEC drill-tested the DGC claims with a 2,200m hole in 2014. Hole AT14-01 intersected a quartz diorite dike at depth of 1,989m, similar to mineralized dikes associated with the Sudbury Igneous Complex.
- In another separate transaction during March 2021, Conquest acquired the JPC Property in the Clement Township of Ontario on our Belfast – Teck Mag Property.
- The 1,620 hectare (16.2 km²) JPC Property is located to the south east of Conquest’s Golden Rose Property.
Belfast – TeckMag Exploration:
- Conquest has completed nine diamond drill holes in BIF hosted Au targets and one drill hole targeting an EM anomaly on the Belfast – TeckMag Property.
- Drill Highlights as follows;
- Hole GRW20-01 – successfully intersected the projected down-faulted extension of the host iron formation for the Golden Rose gold mineralization approx. 400 m west of the previous limited of the historic mineralization at the Golden Rose Mine. Anomalous gold mineralization was encountered in the drill hole.
- Holes GR20-01 through to GR20-04 – Completed over the historical mine workings that tested potential down-dip and down plunge extension of historical mineralization. The drill holes intersected narrow high-grade gold mineralization.
- Hole GR20-05 – Tested a magnetic anomaly 700 m east of the mine workings along the projected strike of the iron formation hosting the past-producing Golden Rose Mine.
- Drilling planned for 2021 Q1 is scheduled to continue testing the iron formation for its gold potential further east where several magnetic anomalies and coinciding Mobile Metal Ions (“MMI”) and B-Horizon gold-in-soil anomalies are to be targeted.
Airborne Geophysical Program
- Geotech Airborne Surveys was awarded a contract to cover the area of the Belfast Copper and Golden Rose Properties with over 2,319-line kilometers of V-TEM MAX electromagnetic and high-resolution magnetic surveys being completed.
- The survey has assisted in targeting potentially covered Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide (VMS), high-grade Cu-Ni-PGE, and IOCG mineralization on the Belfast – TeckMag Property.
- Additionally, the airborne Geotech VTEM MAX electromagnetic and magnetic surveys over the Belfast Copper Project have identified numerous conductive anomalies at depth adjacent and along the same geological corridor of felsic volcanics that hosts Teck Resources’ high-grade Copperfields Mine, which has produced 80M pounds of copper at an average grade of 6%, 230,000 ounces of silver and 13,000 ounces of gold.